Thursday, August 6, 2009

Introduction

Hello, and welcome to the semi-regular blog of The Moss Garden, purveyors of handmade jewelry inspired by forest and sea and the creatures found therein. :o)

I was inspired to start making jewelry when I decided about a year ago that I wanted to buy a glass beaded multi-strand necklace. This was before I knew Etsy existed, and I couldn't find exactly what I had pictured in my mind in the mall, so I went to Ebay. After being somewhat disappointed by a plastic lucite necklace being touted as glass and ceramic, I decided I might as well try to make one myself. I had already heard about Etsy from a girl at school, so I started browsing there to get ideas and buy supplies.... and here I am today. I used to make jewelry in high school (I even used to make my own Fimo beads) so I found that it was just like riding a bike.

I had a livejournal blog, but I'm just not happy with the customization options available there, so over the next few days I will be moving my posts over to here. Fortunately, I just started blogging so there shouldn't be too much of a disruption!

No comments:

Post a Comment

... what are you thinking?