Friday, August 7, 2009

Etsy find of the week - hilarious totes by Meatbagz

I love bags. Hate purses, but love bags. Tote bags, messenger bags, satchels... the bigger it is and the more junk I can accumulate in it, the better I like it. I am one of those people who has to carry everything with her... just in case. In my bag right now that I take to work, I have: laptop, charger, wallet, cell phone, iPod, sour apple candies, breath mints, Listerine strips, hairbrush, FIVE different kinds of lipgloss/chapstick, compact and powder, Visine eyedrops, cough candies, MCAT study guide, sunscreen, deodorant, and a fork.

It's even better when the bag that contains all this crap has personality of its own. Enter Meatbagz, purveyors of quirky, socially-responsible hemp and recycled cotton bags.

I like a lot of things about Meatbagz. I like that they tell it how it is. There is no delicate way to eat crab. I also like that many of their bags have TWO handles: the long ones for me to wear over my shoulder, and the short ones for my boyfriend, who says that carrying bags on his shoulder looks effeminate.


I like that they are environmentally conscious, and use recycled, fair-trade cotton.


I like their insights on human nature and biochemistry. This bag is my favourite. I love the worn colour, the adjustable strap, and inside pocket. And of course, the coffee, because where would I be without my double tall soy latte or my non-fat no-whip raspberry mocha?


I could fit a lot of junk in these.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, that sounds like my purse!! Love these totes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo... love these totes! Thanaks for sharing!

    www.akanedesigns.blogspot.com

    PS. nice to see another canadian blog:)

    ReplyDelete

... what are you thinking?