Saturday, November 21, 2009

Shop Assistants

A couple of months ago I wrote about how I made a cheap DIY light box out of cardboard and tissue paper, with some assistance from my cat Jasmine.

My other slave driver shop assistant is Jasmine's sister Ariel. We adopted them both as kittens from the SPCA about 6 years ago, and they've been the smallest and hairiest members of our family ever since.

Although we do sometimes find them in places they oughtn't to be, giving unsolicited advice.

"I'm just inspecting your quality control... your light box sucks. It's clearly not cat-proof."


"We're going to have to have a talk. What's your 5-year business plan? I would say that your focus on jewelry is somewhat short sighted. You're totally missing the booming household market for cat treats and extra scratches."


7 comments:

  1. HAHA! Beautiful cat. Cats make the worst assistants, distracting but too adorable to fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't they lovely assistants! I hope you pay them well in catnip, kitty treats and pets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in your light box. What kind of lights are in the back?
    www.paintingpam.etsy.com
    http://paintingpam.blogspot.com
    PS I love cats and how could you fire them with their adorable face looking at you?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! LOVE this post. Funny, my cat talks too. I'm so in tune with her inner voice, or what I think her inner voice says ha ha :) Beautiful kitty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful kitty!!!!

    And as for your question about the 12 shots of Christmas...the title of each item takes is a link that takes you right to the site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is the second blog post I've seen about cats clawing up/sitting in light boxes, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...maybe it's the light? I've never checked how warm it gets in there, but with daylight bulbs it can't be that warm...

    I met a guy on a cat forum once who hung heat lamps - like for food or barns - around his house for his 13 cats to cluster under. :o)

    ReplyDelete

... what are you thinking?